The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) and the Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) provide its Bilateral Cooperation Research Grant to support Turkish researchers or Pakistani scientists.
The aim of the call is to allow partners to collaborate bilaterally and gain access to new research environments, facilities, knowledge, and expertise, in order to enhance the quality of their research and enable them to translate research and innovation into an economic and societal benefit.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey is a national agency of Turkey whose stated goal is to develop “science, technology and innovation” (STI) policies, support and conduct research and development, and to “play a leading role in the creation of a science and technology culture” in the country.
- Application deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Grant is available to pursue research
- Study Subject: Grant is awarded in the fields of Renewable Energy, Earth Sciences, Aeronautics, Materials Science, Biotechnology, Environmental Science
- Scholarship Award: TUBITAK and PSF are intending to fund 10 projects through this joint call. As a rule, Turkish academy partners that are eligible for funding can receive up to 360,000 Turkish Liras (˜80,000 EURO)of funding in total. The Pakistani partners that are eligible for funding can receive up to 6,000,000 Pakistani Rupee(˜48,000 EURO) per project.TÜBITAK -funded costs of each grant will be issued and managed by TÜBITAK in accordance with its funding guidelines and procedures.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of grant is not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Turkey and Pakistan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Turkey and Pakistan are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have Turkish researchers or Pakistani scientist.
- Projects that are submitted online but that do not submit their supporting documents and the necessary documents with the original signature will not be considered for funding.
The proposals that are found eligible for evaluation will be reviewed by external reviewers, which are selected by TUBITAK and PSF.The projects to be funded will be decided on a Joint Committee Meeting in which both institutions will be present according to the evaluations of the reviewers.
- In total, it is expected to support 10 joint projects however both institutions might agree about funding more number of project proposals that have been evaluated and ranked excellent but it depends on the availability of funds on both sides.
How to Apply:
- Turkish applicants will make their application online via TUBITAK’s online system reachable while Pakistani applicants will submit through email.
- However, to complete the application process PSF and TUBITAK might need supporting documents.
- For the Turkish side-
- The Turkish applicants -as having finalized the online application- are expected to send the printed documents need to be signed by relevant sides and supporting documents within two weeks after the deadline of the call.
- Applicants who do not provide the required documents will directly be rejected for evaluation and could not apply to this call in the same call period.
- For the Pakistani side
- The Pakistani applicants are required to email and send hard copy of the application duly signed/stamped along with all annexures before the closing date.