The University of Tartu is offering 336 tuition waiver scholarships to international degree students. The scholarships are available for two bachelor’s programmes and 19 master’s programmes.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership
Ranked in the top 1, 2% of the best universities in the world, the University of Tartu is a prestigious public research university located in Estonia. It is home to 13 000 students, incl. 1500 international students.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for bachelor’s programmes is April 15 and master’s programmes are March 15.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and master programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- Business Administration
- Science and Technology
- Actuarial and Financial Engineering
- Applied Measurement Science
- Computer Science
- Democracy and Governance
- Educational Technology
- European Languages and Cultures
- European Union – Russia Studies
- Excellence in Analytical Chemistry
- Folkloristics and Applied Heritage Studies
- Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society
- Information Technology Law
- Innovation and Technology Management
- International Relations and Regional Studies
- Quantitative Economics
- Robotics and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Wellness and Spa Service Design and Management
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover tuition waiver.
Number of Scholarships: 336 scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Estonia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International applicants can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following requirements:
- Applicants holding a secondary education or a corresponding qualification have access to the first level of higher education.
- The admission takes place on the basis of entrance examinations.
- A precondition for taking the entrance examination is that the applicant’s average study result at upper-secondary education level is at least 66% of the highest possible score.
- To be eligible for master’s studies, applicants must have obtained bachelor’s qualification or equivalent or be about to graduate in spring/summer 2018.
English Language Requirements: In order to start studies in Estonian, students are required to be sufficiently fluent in Estonian. Applicants who have a good command of the Estonian language, but who do not have a certificate of the language proficiency need to take an exam prior to their studies, in the end of August (except for the applicants of the Estonian group of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy).
- All applicants are automatically considered for tuition waivers when they apply to the programme of their choice.
How to Apply:
- Submit the online application form. Applicants are required to upload electronic copies of all the required documents to your DreamApply account. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme. Applicants will receive an applicant code, which gives access to your account to track their application status.
- Mail the printed and signed application (do not send any documents by e-mail) with all the required documents.