TWAS and ENEA are seeking applications from postdoctoral researchers to apply for its Research Training Fellowships Programme to carry out research work in physics and technological research. Nationals of Science- and technology-lagging countries are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The purpose of these fellowships is to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career, helping them to foster links for further collaboration.
TWAS, the World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – is an autonomous international organization founded in Triste, Italy. TWAS represent, support and encourage the pursuit excellence in science in developing countries.
Course Level: This is a research training programme for postdoctoral researchers.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to carry out research work in physics and technological research.
Scholarship Award: ENEA, through TWAS, will cover travel expenses and provide subsistence costs for the stay in Italy. The administration and financial operation of TWAS are undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D.; preference is given to scientists who have obtained their Ph.D. within the last five years at the time of the deadline.
- Applicants must be nationals of science- and technology-lagging countries and hold a research position in science- and technology-lagging countries.
- Applicants already on site in Italy are not eligible.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Only applications in Physics and Technological Research will be considered.
Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of science- and technology-lagging countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Ph.D.; preference is given to scientists who have obtained their Ph.D. within the last five years at the time of the deadline.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English if the medium of education was not English.
How to Apply: Application and Selection Procedure
- Fellowships are awarded by the Selection Committee on the basis of scientific merit.
- Applications should be completed in English.
- Applicants need to submit the complete application form duly signed and send it to the TWAS secretariat. Applications may be sent by email as long as pages with signatures are sent as scanned documents. Incomplete/unsigned applications will NOT be accepted. Material requested:
- The completed application form;
- Copy of passport page giving personal details (even if expired);
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae including a statement of interests and future plans with reference to sustainable development in the home country;
- Full list of publications (do not enclose reprints of articles!);
- Two letters of recommendation submitted separately to TWAS by referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 23, 2017.