Applications are invited for TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences from 2017 and for five years total, an annual prize of US$10,000 will be awarded.
With funding from the Siwei Cheng Foundation of the Education Foundation of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, the prize will recognize economic scientists who have been living and working in a developing country for at least 10 years.
TWAS, the World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – is an autonomous international organization founded in Triste, Italy. TWAS represent, support and encourage the pursuit excellence in science in developing countries.
- Application deadline: March 15, 2018
- Course Level: These prizes are available to scientists.
- Study Subject: These prizes are awarded in the field of Economic Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: From 2017 and for five years total, an annual prize of US$10,000 will be awarded in the field of Economic Sciences.
- Nationality: Students from Developing Countries in the South are eligible.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Developing Countries in the South are eligible.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates for the TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences must be economic scientists who have been living and working in a developing country for at least ten years immediately before their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Scientific research achievement in economic sciences of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought.
- Outstanding contribution to the application of economic sciences to sustainable development.
Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for the prize.
Self-nominations will not be considered.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English if the medium of education was not English.
How to Apply: The 2019 TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences’ nominations can only be submitted electronically through the online platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION”.
To resume working on saved nominations, click on the “RESUME” button.
The deadline for receiving nominations is 15 March 2018, however, we strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the nomination as early as you can to enable us to process it as quickly as possible.
Before starting compiling the nomination, please pay particular attention to The Maximum Characters Allowed.