The UC San Diego Regents Scholarship is offering a 4-year scholarship awarded to selected entering freshmen. The Regents Scholarship, based on academic excellence, is the most prestigious scholarship awarded to UC undergraduate students. Regents Scholars receive an honorarium of up to $8,000, paid $2,000 in each of their 4 or 2 undergraduate years (for freshmen or transfer students)
The aim of the Undergraduate Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from the USA.
The University of California San Diego, we constantly push boundaries and challenge expectations. Today, as one of the top 15 research universities in the world, we are driving innovation and change to advance society, propel economic growth and make our world a better place.
- Application Deadline: November 30
- Course Level: The scholarship is available for an undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Entering freshmen and transfers without demonstrated financial need receive a 4-year honorarium of up to $8,000 ($2,000 per year paid evenly over 3 academic quarters).Entering freshmen and transfers who are CA residents, have demonstrated financial need receive an additional scholarship and/or grant funds to meet the financial need for 4 undergraduate academic years.
- Nationality: US
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Entering freshman or transfer student (both California residents and non-residents)
- United States citizens, permanent residents, or California Dream Act students
- Demonstrated academic excellence (strength and breadth of your high school academic program, test scores, grades and other academic criteria)
How to Apply:
- File UC Application for Admission and Scholarships
- If applicants wish to demonstrate financial need to determine if you are eligible for a Regents to need the award, then file your FAFSA(Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 2, OR the California Dream Act application (if you are AB540 eligible and not eligible to file a FAFSA). File only one of these applications.
- Read more about FAFSA.
- Read more about the California Dream Act application.
- Applicants don’t need to file any other paperwork.