Applications are invited for National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST students for the year 2015-17. The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full time M.Phil and Ph.D degree. The total number of fresh fellowships each year will be 750 instead of 667. The fellowship shall be payable once the student has been registered and started the research work. The application deadline is 23-November-2015.
Study Subject(s): Fellowship is awarded in the field of Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology.
Course Level: The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full time M.Phil and Ph.D degree.
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Scholarship can be taken at: India
Eligibility: The Fellowship will be available only to the ST candidates who fulfill the following conditions for award:-
( I) the candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship.
(II) The candidate must be registered for regular and full time M.Phil./Ph.D courses in University/Institute/Colleges recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act/ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institute/Colleges.
-The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other fellowship of the Centre or State Government for the same study.
-The fellowship shall be payable once the student has been registered and started the research work.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Indian applicants are eligible to apply for this programme.
Scholarship Description: The Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) scheme for Scheduled Tribes has been renamed as National Fellowship for Higher Education of ST Students and is formulated and funded by Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The scheme is open to candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribe and are pursuing higher studies such as regular and full time M.Phil and Ph.D degree in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. There are 750 slots for Scheduled Tribe candidates every year for all the subjects.
Number of award(s): The total number of fresh fellowships each year will be 750 instead of 667. In case of nonavailability of adequate number of Scheduled Tribe candidates, the number of fellowship not availed during a year will be carried forward to the next academic session. There is no statewise ceiling on number of slots.
Duration of award(s): The tenure of fellowship is initially for two years under the National Fellowship for Higher Education for ST Students Scheme.
What does it cover? The candidate would be eligible for following financial assistance: Fellowship in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology- @ Rs.25,000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.28,000/-pa for remaining tenure
– Contingency A- @ Rs.10000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.20,500/-pa for remaining tenure
– Contingency B – @ Rs.12,000/-pa for initial two years
@ Rs.25,000/-pa for remaining tenure
– Escorts/Reader assistance – @ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically
handicapped & blind candidates
– HRA – As per rules of the University/Institutions/Colleges.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Mandatory attachment required during submission of online form
1. Scanned Copy of Caste Certificate (ST)
2. Scanned Copy of Master Degree Mark sheet
3. Declaration/Certificate from Head of Department/Institution or competent authority of the University/Institute/College to the effect of forwarding of application and necessary facilities will be provided to the candidates during research of M.Phil/Ph.D. respectively(if candidate has already registered for M.Phil/Ph.d).
4. Scanned Copy of Physical Disability (if required)
5. BPL Certificate (if required)
6. Date of Birth Certificate
7. Scanned Copy of Candidate’s Recent Color Photograph And Signature.
8. Scanned Copy of PVTG Certificate
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 23-November-2015.