The Union for International Cancer Control has announced the availability of twenty African Cancer Fellowships for cancer professionals. These 20 fellowships are available to visit an organisation in another country with a strong emphasis on learning skills that will be shared with peers in their home organisation or network.
20 fellowships to visit an organisation in another country with a strong emphasis on learning skills that will be shared with peers in their home organisation or network.
The programme aims to enhance educational opportunities for healthcare workers in Africa, thereby expanding workforce capability and improving care for cancer patients.
The Union for International Cancer Control has provided grants to more than 6,000 cancer professionals and institutions in support of cancer control, prevention and early detection, research, education, advocacy and community outreach.
- Application deadline: November 30, 2017
- Course Level: These fellowships are available to pursue research programme.
- Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in the field of cancer research.
- Scholarship Award: The awards are based on candidates’ estimates for travel and living costs, published fares and UICC scales but are only a contribution towards least expensive regional/international travel and living costs.
- Nationality: African applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
- Number of Scholarships: Twenty fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Africa
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Medical professionals must hold relevant qualification e.g. MD, MBBS, Registered Nurse, Diploma of midwifery.
- Non-medical applicants, such as those working in cancer societies or non-governmental organizations (NGOs), should hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates should have documented experience of working on cancer or with cancer patients
- Medical and PhD students are not eligible to apply
- Applicants must submit proposals electronically through proposal central, an electronic grant submission system provided by Altum, Inc.
- Access proposal central is possible via the link. If you are a ‘new’ user in proposal central, go to “Need an account?” and click on “CREATE ONE NOW” and complete the registration process.
- If you are already registered in proposal central access the site and go to “Application Login” and log in with your user ID or e-mail address. If you have forgotten your password, click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link. Supply your e-mail address or your user ID in the space provided; your password will be sent to you by e-mail.
- After you log in, complete your Professional Profile (second tab from the left) before starting an application.
- To start an application, select the “Grant Opportunities” tab (grey tab furthest to the right). A list of applications will display. Find the UICC program that you wish to apply for and click the ‘Apply now’ link (second to the last column) to ‘create’ your application.
How to Apply:
- A Biosketch/CV of the applicant (template provided online)
- An Attestation on Headed Paper from the Line Manager/Home Supervisor (template provided online)
- Hand-Signed Host Attestation (template provided online)
- Hand-Signed Letter of Invitation on Headed Paper from Host Supervisor (to be provided by the host supervisor)