The University of Leicester is offering scholarships for the students of Asia and Africa for September 2017 intake. These scholarships are awarded for pursuing undergraduate program at the department of College of Science and Engineering.
University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate programme at the College of Science and Engineering.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Chemistry, Engineering, Geography, Geology, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy.
Scholarship Award: Successful applicant will receive tuition fee discount of 22% – or 28%.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Applicants must be classified as an international (non-EU) student for fee purposes.
- The fee discount will be calculated on the basis of the standard tuition fee for each year of their course. The discount will not be applied to a year spent abroad or on an industrial placement (these years have a greatly reduced fee anyway).
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If they are awarded more than one scholarship, they will, therefore, receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is only valid for entry in September 2017.
- If students currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University, they will still need to fulfil any conditions stated in their offer letter.
- The scholarship is only available for campus-based courses.
Nationality: Students from Asia and Africa can apply for these scholarships.
List of Countries: Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: In order to study at the University of Leicester, your written and spoken English must be good enough that you will fully understand, and benefit from, your degree course. You can demonstrate your English language ability in any one of these ways:
- Education in English: You attended secondary (high) school or university in a country approved by the University as teaching in the medium of English.
- IELTS: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education. Every degree page on our website specifies a minimum IELTS score.
- Selected Indian degrees: An undergraduate degree from one of the universities listed on the India page.
- Other tests and qualifications: Use this table to see whether the score or mark you achieved matches the IELTS score for your chosen degree course. Please note that to be valid, any test must have been taken within the past two years.
How to Apply: There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, students will be notified when final results are available. Applications to UK universities must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for entry to full-time undergraduate degrees.
Application Deadline: The normal closing date for application to reach the UCAS office is 15th January 2017.