United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs is pleased to offer Italian Fellowship Programme for 2017-2018 academic year. Italian nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The UN/DESA Office in Italy promotes and coordinates several important development cooperation initiatives – in particular in the area of human resources development – within the framework of UN/DESA’s mandate, liaising accordingly with Italian and European institutions, civil society organizations and the business sector.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The professional competencies expected of Fellows may vary from year to year according to the specific requests from the recipient organizations. Fields of expertise include – but are not limited to – governance and local development, rule of law, food security, agricultural development, urban development, migration, humanitarian affairs, culture and education, gender, information and communication technology, statistics and data management, private sector development, microcredit, economic development, and sustainable development.
Scholarship Award: All expenditures related to training course attendance are borne directly by UN/DESA.
Number of Scholarships: For each position, five candidates are pre-selected and invited to participate in the next stages of the selection process.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered eligible for the Programme:
- 28 years old or younger (candidates must not turn 29 during the calendar year of application)
- Italian nationality
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Advanced university degree (or degree combinations), such as:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
- Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree awarded before the application deadline
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree awarded before the application deadline
Additional skills and qualifications
Given the highly competitive nature of the Italian Fellowships Programme, the following additional skills and qualifications are considered assets:
- Knowledge of other UN official languages/languages spoken in developing countries.
- Further academic qualifications and training courses.
- Previous voluntary work and professional experience.
- Key competencies such as client orientation, teamwork, communication, accountability, planning and organization.
Candidates are expected to be motivated, flexible and willing to adapt to different environments. Furthermore, they must at all times demonstrate the commitment to the core values of the United Nations, i.e. integrity, professionalism and respect for diversity.
Nationality: Italian Nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold an advanced university degree. Candidates holding a Laurea/Laurea Triennale degree are not eligible for the Programme. They must also hold a Laurea Magistrale/Specialist or a Master’s Degree which has been issued by a University before the application deadline.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English and Italian.
How to Apply: To register with the Online Web Application (OWA), click on the following link: Online Web Application (OWA).
Each application must:
- Be filled out in English
- Include a motivation letter in the appropriate section
- Include a copy of the relevant university degree certificate or a signed self-certification document attesting eligibility for the Fellowships Programme
- Be submitted by the indicated deadline.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications to the 2017/2018 edition of the Fellowships Programme is June 30, 2017.