University of Birmingham is inviting applications for College of Arts and Law Masters Scholarships. UK/EU and international students are eligible to apply.
The College of Arts and Law offers a number of home/EU fees-only scholarships for candidates wishing to study full- and part-time masters-level courses from September 2017.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
If student’s first language is not English they must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for masters degree programme at University of Birmingham.
Study Subject: These awards cover tuition fees for all masters-level degrees in the following schools:
- English, Drama, American and Canadian Studies
- History and Cultures (including ten fees-only scholarships offered through the Birmingham Research Institute for History and Cultures).
- Languages, Cultures, Art History and Music
- Philosophy, Theology and Religion (including one Muirhead Scholarship for the MA Philosophy or MRes Philosophy)
List of Subjects: Arts and Law, African Studies, American and Canadian Studies, Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Drama and Theatre Arts, English Language and Linguistics, English Literature, Film and Creative Writing, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Theology and Religion
- These awards cover one year’s tuition fees at UK/EU rates for full-time applicants, or two years part-time.
- For the Philosophy Muirhead scholarship only, which is advertised with these awards, a small maintenance grant will also be offered.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- These awards are open to UK/EU students, studying campus-based masters-level degrees in the College of Arts and Law which commence in September.
- International students are also eligible to apply, and will receive a reduction in tuition-fees equivalent to the home/EU rate if successful.
- Applications for funding can only be considered alongside an application to study.
Nationality: UK/EU and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have a good Honours degree in law or a degree in another discipline augmented with a pass in the Common Professional Examination.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: If student’s first language is not English they must provide an English language qualification. Recognised qualifications include IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5.
How to Apply: In order to apply, you must first have completed an application to study. In order to do so, please select a course from our coursefinder listings, and select ‘How to Apply’ under Course Details. Once you have done so, please complete the application form below, and return the completed form to calpg-research-at-contacts.bham.ac.uk by 4pm, Friday 31 March 2017. Their application must also be supported by two references. It is your responsibility as the applicant to forward the reference form below to both nominated referees, and advise them that references must be returned to calpg-research-at-contacts.bham.ac.uk by the application deadline, 4pm, 31 March 2017.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.