The University of Helsinki Scholarships are now open for autumn 2018. These scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to do a master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
The University of Helsinki is a university located in Helsinki, Finland since 1829, but was founded in the city of Turku in 1640 as the Royal Academy of Turku, at that time part of the Swedish Empire.
In order to be admitted to a program in Finnish or Swedish, students need to be able to communicate in Finnish or Swedish.
- Application deadline: December 1, 2017
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
- Study Grant (10 000 EUR)
- Tuition fees range from 13 000 to 18 000 euros.
- The scholarship will be granted for two years
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland are eligible for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- Applicants are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries or Switzerland who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. Applicants can check the FAQ at the Studyinfo website as to whether or not Applicants are required to pay tuition fees.
- Applicants meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- Applicants have obtained excellent results in Applicantsr previous studies and can prove this in Applicantsr application.
- English Language Requirements: In order to be admitted to a program in Finnish or Swedish, students need to be able to communicate in Finnish or Swedish.
- The scholarship application will be filled out in the same application system and simultaneously with online application to the University of Helsinki English-language Master’s programmes. The possible scholarship-related documents should be delivered with the other enclosed documents of student’s degree application.
How to Apply:
- Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Degree Finder
- See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
- Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
- Submit all the required attachments.