The International Doctoral Program “Environment Water” (ENWAT) of the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Stuttgart, Germany, in collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) opens a call for max. 2 PhD positions for research in Environment Water.
The University of Stuttgart is a university located in Stuttgart, Germany. It was founded in 1829 and is organized into 10 faculties.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Position is available for pursuing PhD Programme.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Environment Water.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships for international (non-German) students
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: University is looking for highly motivated and talented students with a passion for science. Candidates must demonstrate an excellent performance in their previous academic education. Candidates from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to international (non-German) students.
College Admission Requirement
- Entrance Requirement: MSc (or an equivalent degree) relevant for the respective project. Applicants must have graduated from a min. 4-year study program with a comprehensive scientific thesis work in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Engineering or a related field (this might be a Master’s degree or an equivalent degree). The quality of the degrees (i.e. eligibility) will be checked by the University of Stuttgart on a case-by-case basis. At the time of application, generally, no more than 6 years should have passed since the last degree was gained.
- Excellent academic record, ambition to work in a dynamic international and interdisciplinary environment and to actively participate in the structured international doctoral program ENWAT.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Only international (non-German) applicants can be accepted. At the time of application, the candidate should not be living in Germany for more than 15 months.
- The University of Stuttgart is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the University’s faculty.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send your application by e-mail as one pdf-file to the ENWAT Course Director:. Required application materials (Applications with missing items will not be considered):
- Application form
- Resume/CV showing the applicant’s background, professional skills, a list of publications and oral and poster presentations as well as additional achievements (scholarships, awards etc.)
- MSc, Dipl.-Ing. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Engineering or related sciences
- BSc in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Engineering or related sciences
-Copies of Certificates and Transcripts, including all undergraduate level certificates and university degrees. All documents, which are not in English or in German, must be accompanied by copies of a legally certified English translation (for the application we will accept copies; but please be aware, that originals or legally certified copies will be needed for the final phase. In case any differences between the copies and the originals show up, the application will be dismissed.)
-Please make sure, that the copies of the transcripts show not only the grades but also explain the home grades’ system (please add copy of the description of grade scale)
-Unless native speaker: proficiency in English (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), or proof that M.Sc. and B.Sc. programs were held in English
-2 Reference letters from university professors from the applicants home university, issued during the last 2 years (please ask your referee to use the forms at link)
- Motivation letter describing the applicant’s work experience and research goals.
- Applications are O possible for one or more of the following projects. Please indicate your favourite research project clearly.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.