Applications are invited for AY 2018-19 University Recommendation Scholarships for Privately Financed International Students.
The University of Tsukuba, one of the oldest national universities and one of the most comprehensive research universities in Japan, is in the city of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture in the Kanto region of Japan.
- Application Deadline: April 12, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, graduate and research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Not Known
- Number of Scholarships: The number of the scholarships is limited.
- Nationality: Privately financed international students
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Privately financed international students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Privately-financed international students holding a status of residence of “College Student” and satisfying either one of the following conditions (A) or (B).A) Degree students or non-degree research students enrolled from August 2017 to April 2018
B) Degree students who could not apply in July 2017 because of a leave of absence from school (“kyugaku”) at the time of application and who have been re-enrolling by April 2018.Ineligibility
1)?Students who will be taking a temporary leave of absence from the university in AY2018-19
2)?Student who are expected to receive any scholarships or grants (including those covering living expenses) in AY2018-19
3)?Students who will continue to receive their current scholarship in AY2018-19
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants should be submitted to the dean of the college / the provost of the school enrolled (Academic Service Office: student support or graduate academic affairs section or office of the graduate program) Required documents
- Scholarship application form for privately financed international students for AY 2018-19 (prescribed form 1)
- Study plan for undergraduate students
- Research plan for graduate students and research students
- Supervisor’s remarks (prescribed form 4) (Envelope sealed by supervisor)
- Status of enrollment notification (prescribed form 5) Note: Not necessary to submit at the time of application. Note to Applicants (3)” below should separately submit this form to their respective academic service office (student support or graduate academic affairs section) promptly afterwards.
- Latest academic transcript (If the latest academic transcript has not been available at the time of application, it may be omitted)
Undergraduate students should submit a copy of undergraduate academic transcript of the University of Tsukuba
Master’s course students should submit a copy of undergraduate academic transcript of the university graduated, and academic transcript of master course of the University of Tsukuba
Doctoral course students should submit a copy of master’s course academic transcript of the university graduated, and doctoral course academic transcript of the University of Tsukuba
Research students should submit a copy of undergraduate academic transcript of the University graduated
- Academic Record Entry Sheet (only for graduate students in their first year in the master and doctoral courses)
- A copy of the Residence Card (it should be enlarged copy of both sides so that the status of residence is clearly visible)