The University of Queensland is providing Economics Sri Lanka Scholarship to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme.The scholarship will cover up to 50% of the tuition fees.
The aim of the scholarship is to support outstanding Sri Lankan students on the basis of academic excellence and extra-curricular activities.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. As one of Australia’s leading universities, UQ is consistently ranked first for business administration, mining engineering and life sciences in Australasia.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- Applied Econometrics
- Development Economics
- International Economics and Finance
- Health Economics
- Economics and Public Policy
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- Covering up to 50% of the tuition fees.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Selection criteria for undergraduate programme-
- Students who have studied local Sri Lankan high school exams or international exams including London A Levels or the IB in Sri Lanka. Students must have a GPA equivalent to at least 6 on a 7 point scale at UQ and also meet the UQ Math entry requirement.
- Students from a science/math background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selection criteria for postgraduate programme-
- Completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution with a GPA equivalent to a 6 on a 7 point scale.
- Students must satisfy the UQ English Language Requirements for entry into the program.
Nationality: Sri Lankan applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, you must demonstrate one of the following:
- Four semesters of Sound Achievement (or better) in Queensland Year 12 English, or English for ESL Learners (or equivalent). Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs.
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the IELTS or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements. See each program page for more information.
- Other equivalent tests such as the TOEFL or PTE are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet a program’s overall score requirement (e.g. 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- Application must submit with supporting documents-
- Academic transcripts
- Motivation letter – outlining your interest in Economics
- Two reference letters
- Evidence of English proficiency e.g. IELTS
- Resume / CV
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 6, 2017.