The Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics (VIASM) now wishes to invite applicants for its Research Fellowship. The fellowship is available for outstanding individual researchers to apply for short-term research stays for the year 2019 (min. 2 months, max. 12 months).
The aim of the fellowship is to support Vietnamese students who have a PhD degree and some publications in good international journals.
The Vietnam Institute for Advanced Study in Mathematics is a state-run institute for basic mathematical research in Hanoi.
- Application deadline: December 31, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for researchers.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Research fellows would receive an honorarium during their stays. Their accommodation in Hanoi could be arranged by the Institute. Research fellows are expected to stay at least two months. In case it is needed, research fellows will be granted a travel allowance for one round-trip in economic fare from their home institution. In addition, research groups may be given financial support for organizing scientific activities and for inviting mathematicians (especially from overseas) for a joint research project or giving lectures.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Vietnam
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Vietnamese applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD degree and some publications in good international journals.
Please submit your CV and research proposal. Only the head of project can submit the research proposal and invite other members to join the project. After receiving an invitation email, members of the project need to access the system and submit their CV and other related information to the project.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online:
- Sign up an account to log in VIASM RMS, you are required to have an account.If you have not an account yet, please click Sign-up button on the welcoming screen.
- Sign in (Log in): To access the system you click Sign-in
- Update your CV:
- When you first log in the system, you are required to fill in your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with some pages named in the appropriate buttons:
- Help: general help for updating your CV.
- Personal: your general personal information
- Education: your 3 highest degrees
- Employment: your current and permanent institutions, and the times you have worked at VIASM (if any).
- Publications: your most remarkable published work
- Quick view: view all the information you have entered for your CV.
- Research Proposal: links to the research project registration page.
- Please enter the information in the appropriate fields in each page. By clicking Next button you move to next page to continue updating your CV.
- On the Quick view page, you can print or export your CV to PDF file. After updating your CV, by clicking the next button the system will navigate you to the RMS home page so that you can move to the Research Projects section for the register.
- Register a new project:
- Pages of Research Projects section:
- List of Projects: list of the projects you have been registered, or you are doing, or you have done at VIASM.
- Help: general help for the Research Projects section.
- Research Proposal: general information about your research project. As noticed, only the head of the project can input or change the information on this page.
- Recommendations: information about your recommenders/references. Only andREQUIREDfor post-doc applicants or individual applicants having PhD degrees less than 5 years.
- Financial Support: where you ask for financial support from VIASM.
- View Application: where you review all the information about your group project proposal.
- Progress: where you check the status of your research project (being edited, submitted, accepted etc.).