Roehampton University is offering fully funded PhD Studentships in Psychology. Funding is available for UK/EU and International students at Home/EU rates for three years full-time study.
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and its functions. University’s aim is to help students to learn about themselves and others by studying how the human mind works and how it affects behaviour.
The University of Roehampton, formerly Roehampton Institute of Higher Education, is a public university in the United Kingdom, situated on three major sites in Roehampton, south-west London.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in the field of Psychology.
Scholarship Award: Funding is available for UK/EU and International students at Home/EU rates for three years full-time study. The Bursary includes the tuition waiver for PhD at UK/EU fees and stipends at £16,057.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, applicants should hold a first class or upper second class honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent international qualification) and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related subject. The successful candidate should be available to start on 1st January 2017 or earlier.
Nationality: UK/EU and International students can apply for PhD Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students are usually expected to hold a good second-class honours degree (or above) from an approved university or college in the UK, or a recognised degree from abroad.
English Language Requirement: To follow chosen programme successfully, students will need to be fluent in written and spoken English. These are the qualifications in English regarded by the University of Roehampton as an acceptable minimum level of competence:
- GCSE grade C.
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate grade C.
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate grade C (with no less than ‘weak’ in any band).
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English) with a passing grade.
- Key Skills Level 2 in Communication with a passing grade.
- LCCIEB EFB or EFC with a second grade.
- NEAB UETESOL with a passing grade.
- Graduate Diploma
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test ONLY), of 89, internet-based test (with no less than 17- Listening, 18- Reading, 20- Speaking, 17- Writing). If you are taking a TOEFL IBT exam and would like the information to be sent directly to the University of Roehampton please quote 8598 on your answer sheet and score report request form. Alternative, you can send an ORIGINAL copy of your results to the University’s admissions department or provide your TOEFL IBT online log-in and password.
- British Council ACADEMIC IELTS at 6.5 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- A Pass in the online English Equivalency Test offered at www.equivalencytesting.com.
- Warwick English Language Test.
- Pearson Test of English: Undergraduate requirement – 51 overall with no less than 51 in any individual band. Postgraduate requirement – 59 overall with no less than 51 in any individual band.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following to pg research-at-roehampton.ac.uk with Psychology Studentship in the heading.
- A copy of CV including copies of academic qualifications.
- A cover letter stating the reasons you are applying for this studentship and outlining your expertise and relevant skills. Please also address in two paragraphs maximum why you are interested in one of the specific research projects as advertised and which research methods they would use to conduct the research.
- A completed Application Form for PhD Study (RDB1b)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 2, 2016.