The Vinod & Saryu Doshi Foundation initiated these Fellowships to assist Indian nationals who have received acceptance in a University abroad to pursue their post-graduate studies (Masters, Postgraduate diploma/certificate or doctorate) in the field of Liberal Arts & Sciences. This includes the Humanities, Social Sciences, the Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
The main aim of the fellowship program is to enhance the higher education by giving an opportunity to academically bright students who have a drive to succeed but are unable to do so due to their financial challenges. This is a need-based merit Fellowship and abides by the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy. The maximum amount for the Fellowship will be upto Rs 3 lakhs per fellow, which will be payable as a onetime amount.
Scholarship can be taken in India
- They must have a first class degree or equivalent from a recognized Indian university.
- They must have secured admission in a foreign university of repute, on their own merit for a course commencing from August OR September OR October, 2017.
- Should be an Indian citizen
- Candidates studying in the final year of the degree or equivalent may also apply, provided they are able to submit their final year certificates before May 07th, 2017.
- Here are some examples of the fields of study which may qualify for receiving the Fellowship award. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list. To better understand if your field of study qualifies
- If you satisfy all the above criteria except that you are going to an Indian University for Post Graduation in the same areas as the Fellowship email