The Visiola Foundation offers scholarships to high potential African girls from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue STEM degrees at the partner institutions.
The main objective of the Visiola Foundation is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The Visiola Foundation exists to support the emergence of a new cadre of African leaders by mentoring and training academically excellent youth in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue STEM degrees at our partner institutions.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in diverse fields.
Scholarship can be taken at Ashesi University, Ghana and Lead City University, Nigeria
Eligibility: Applicants are expected to meet all of the eligibility criteria:
- Nationals of an African country.
- Received both primary and secondary education in an African country.
- Graduated in the top 10% of their secondary school’s graduating class.
- Have clearly demonstrated financial needs.
- Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to community service as evidenced by prior and on-going involvement in local activities.
- Are not related to or otherwise connected with any staff member or friend/acquaintances of staff members or otherwise affiliated members of the University or the Foundation.
Nationality: Nationals of an African country (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have graduated in the top 10% of their secondary school’s graduating class.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post. Interested candidates should submit a complete application, including:
- An application form
- A copy of a Government issued an identification document.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Final year Primary and Secondary School report cards and exam certificates (WAEC).
- Annual report cards for senior secondary school (SS1 – SS3).
- Explanation of family’s financial history with supporting documents.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume.
- A personal statement discussing the candidate’s passion for community service and involvement in local activities (not to exceed 500 words).
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 30-June-2016.