The Welsh Government and European Regional Development Fund are inviting applicants for its Welsh Students II-PhD Studentship. The studentship is available for UK/EU students.
The aim of the studentship is developing nanoscale semiconductor thin films or electrodes and demonstrate their photo electrocatalytic properties in solar fuel (hydrogen and oxygen) generation and water pollutant treatment.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in the UK.
Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD research programme.
Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the field of Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Nanotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry and Materials Chemistry.
Scholarship Award: Studentship will cover the following:
- The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus an annual stipend of £14,000.
- There will be additional funds for research expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must have a first class in Master’s degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline (Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Nanotechnology).
- Hands-on experience in nanomaterials synthesis, thin films fabrication, handling electrochemical station is preferable.
Nationality: Applicants from UK/EU are eligible to apply for the studentship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have master’s degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- To apply please complete and email the following documents to Dr Sudhagar Pitchaimuthu (S.Pitchaimuthu-at-swansea.ac.uk):
- Cover letter.
- Research Proposal.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 30, 2017.