The James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH) at BRAC University in Dhaka is inviting applications for WHO/TDR International Postgraduate Scholarship for Masters of Public Health for 2018-2019 academic year. Students from Lower and Middle-income countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and boost the quality and number of researchers in LMICs.
BRAC James P Grant School of Public Health was founded in 2004 in Dhaka, Bangladesh to address the unmet public health challenges particular to Asia, Africa, and South America. The mission is to create innovative public health leaders and solutions through cutting-edge, experiential Education, Training, Research, and Advocacy.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Public Health. This is full-time programme which promotes problem based experimental learning. The training will focus on courses relevant to a career in implementation research.
Scholarship Award: TDR scholarship covers:
- One return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Bangladesh;
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Access to laptop for the duration of MPH Programme;
- Support for Summative Learning Project (SLP )
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Bangladesh
Eligibility: Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Nationals/Residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/ab out/country -and-lending-groups) of WHO South-East Asia and West Pacific regions.
- Applicant should normally be under 35 years of age
- Applicant must meet the following BRAC University requirements
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from supervisor
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines
- Excellent academic track records with GPA 3 .0 or above
- Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office, and data analysis skill
Nationality: Students from Lower and Middle income countries ( Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in social sciences including public health, medicine, nursing, midwifery, health sciences or equivalent disciplines.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have Proficiency in Mathematics and oral and written English.
How to Apply: Students should submit their online applications for MPH Programme at JPGSPH
You are required to have scanned copies of the following documents in hand prior to start application process:
- Academic Certificate & transcript ( To be attested) Passport size photograph
- International Applicants need to attest the documents by respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs/ concerned ministry
- Bangladeshi students need to attest the documents by the GoB authorized persons
- Application fee pay slip ( For Bangladeshi Students: Taka 1500 at BRAC BANK Branches)
- Reference Letter
- National ID card ( For Bangladeshi Students)
- Passport ( For International Students)
- Updated CV
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 31, 2017.