The Akademie Schloss Solitude is inviting applicants for its Wimmel Research-Fellowship. The fellowship is available for German artist who are coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media.
The aim of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as an interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art.
The Akademie Schloss Solitude is a foundation under public law. The main aspect of the Akademie is to promote mainly younger, particularly gifted artists by means of residency fellowships and also by organizing events and exhibitions by its residents.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for the artist.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months.
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence).
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project.
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge.
- For the duration of the fellowship, the respective artist in her or his role as an agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply. Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age. Currently, enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection.
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo–Fr) on Platform 12 is mandatory.
- Prior to the fellowship, there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as the first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship.
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favoured
Nationality: German applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good language skills in English and German.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Submitted material should include:
- A first project proposal (max. 1 Din A4 page).
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page).
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work.
- All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: wimmelforschung-at-akademie-solitude.de
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 17, 2017.