The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is excited to announce the Wise Scholarship for undergraduate students. The scholarship is available in the fields of science and engineering
The aim of the scholarship is to support Indian students who wish to do a research internship at a publicly-funded German higher education institution or a research institute.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organisation in the field of international academic co-operation.
- Application deadline: November 1
- Course Level: The scholarship is available for undergraduate students.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of Science and Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- A monthly scholarship of 650 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 21.70 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of 525 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
- Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: India
- Entrance Requirements: Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions (list of institutions). The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) status established before 2010 and availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Master’s degrees respectively.
- Applicants should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences.
- Applicants should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelor’s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- Applicants should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Very good proficiency of the English language is expected
How to Apply:
- Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Full curriculum vitae
- DAAD form „Certificate of Enrolment“) filled in by home institution as proof of current enrolment
- DAAD form „No Objection Certificate“ filled in and stamped by home institution
- Invitation letter of German supervisor
- DAAD form „Approval Form by German Host“ filled in by German supervisor
- University degree certificates indicating final grade(s)
- To be submitted by post
- The “Application summary”, which is generated in the portal in PDF format and which can be printed out after the online application procedure is completed; please send 1 copy to the DAAD office New Delhi
- Recent reference from Indian university teacher which provides information about the applicant’s qualifications (please find the form in the DAAD application portal)