Waterford Institute of Technology is pleased to offer WIT Scholarships for Non-EU students. These scholarships are awarded in all disciplines for undergraduate and postgraduate students commencing their studies in September 2017.
The main objective of the institute is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
WIT is the major provider of higher education in the South East region of Ireland and one of the largest IOT’s in Ireland. The Institute’s range and scope reflect the changing needs of the southeast as well as the country as a whole.
If English is not student’s first or native Language then they will need to complete an English Language exam, for example an IELTS or TOEFL exam, in order to be considered for admission to a course in WIT.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines.
Undergraduate and Higher Diploma students: The International Student Scholarship will provide for a 25% reduction in tuition fees for each year of an undergraduate or a Higher Diploma programme. (NB for entry into all years of Bachelor programmes except final year). Award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of 60% overall average mark.
Postgraduate students: The International Student Scholarship will provide for a reduction of €3,150 for all taught Masters programmes
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships
- The scholarships are open to all self-funding Non-EU students
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent
- This scholarship only applies to new incoming students (first time entrants to WIT- it does not apply to WIT International Graduates)
Nationality: Scholarships are open for Non-EU students.
College Admission Requirement
- Students should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- They must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which they should check under the course details.
Postgraduate: To enter a taught masters programme, should have an honours degree in a related subject.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
How to Apply: Applications must be made on the prescribed forms and submitted to the International office.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th May 2017.