The Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS is inviting applications for Yayasan UTP Postgraduate Scholarship. The scholarship is available for a Master’s Degree by Research or PhD by Research at UTP.
The University provides excellent research facilities and services for postgraduate students. This includes an experienced pool of academic not only from UTP but also visiting lecturers from UTP partners and industry experts.
The Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS is a private research university located in Perak, Malaysia. It was established on 10 January 1997. The campus is built on 400 hectares at Seri Iskandar, Perak, Malaysia.
Applications close: November 31, 2017
Course Level: Scholarship is available for a Master’s Degree by Research or PhD by Research at UTP.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in one of the following research areas: CO Management, Seismic Imaging, Energy System, Biomass, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Offshore Structure, Ionic Liquid and Other related oil and gas areas.
- Full tuition fees coverage
- Monthly allowance of RM3,000 (Master)/RM5,000(PhD)
- Book allowance of RM1,000
- Computer grant up to RM3,000
- Thesis allowance up to RM2,000
- Paper presentations at national or international conferences
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
- Malaysian citizen
- Candidates with relevant industrial experience are preferred
- Academic achievement
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (CGPA 3.25 and above) or equivalent qualification recognised by Malaysian Government AND a coursework/mixed mode Master’s Degree (CGPA 3.25 and above) or research mode Master’s Degree with at least one article in peer-reviewed journals or equivalent qualication recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Step 1: Before You Apply
Please prepare scanned copies of the following documents in PDF format to upload during application process:
- Identity Card for Malaysian / Passport for Non-Malaysian
- Passport size photo (white background & jpeg/gif format). – Front facing and Size : 45mm high X 35mm wide.
- Complete Academic Transcript and Degree Scroll (Official translation in English required if the transcript in another language) – Bachelor & Master
- Statement of Interest – please use the given template Statement of Interest.pdf
- Research Proposal (for Research mode only)
- Approval /confirmation letter from Proposed Supervisor (for Research mode only) – please use the given template Approval from Supervisor.pdf
- English Language proficiency certificate (TOEFL / IELTS / MUET / TOEIC) – kindly refer entry requirement – English requirement).
- Proof of payment of Processing Fee (Internet Banking/Cash Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer/Telegraphic Transfer)
- Sponsorship letter (if any) / Financial Guarantee (Financial ability to sustain for the whole duration of study.
- Any other relevant document to support your application.
Step 2: Online Application
- Please observe the following notes:
- Log in to the Online Application Form.
- Please remember your email address and your password used for the online application as they are required for future logins – checking of application status etc.
- Please ensure all information in the Online Application Form is accurate.
- Click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your Online Application. You will receive a notification message pertaining to the online submission i.e. Application Reference No. etc.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.