Applications are invited for Young Farmers Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are open to the Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.
The scholarship program is designed to be flexible, to fit with the demands and ambitions of young farmers and farm workers.
The Agriculture portfolio is supported by the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR).
- Application Deadline: April 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to young farmers for training or study programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Agriculture.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $10,000 is available per scholarship: up to $5,000 towards study backed by further funds of up to $5,000 to invest on-farm or in professional development activities, to help put new skills into practice.
- Number of Scholarships: Each year, 10-15 scholarships are awarded to young farmers 35 or under. Since 2015, 38 Scholarships have been awarded to young farmers across Victoria.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
Be aged 35 years or under at the time of the application closing date
Be working in a farm business in Victoria at least three days per week, and have been doing this work for the past three months or more
Have at least two years of total experience on-farm
Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Victoria.
Applicants are required to attach the following documentation to the application form as part of their submission:
- Proof of your age and residency (e.g. copy of birth certificate, drivers licence or passport)
- Proof of nationality or status as a permanent resident (e.g. copy of birth certificate, passport)
- Proof of employment or business ownership (e.g. a letter from your employer, provision of employer contact details and/or Business Activity Statement (BAS), evidence of purchase of business).
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit an application form online.