Keio University is inviting applications for “Design the Future” Award for International Students to study in Japan. Awards are available to pursue Master’s Program, PhD Program, or a Professional Degree Program.
This scholarship, aimed at highly talented international students with outstanding academic records, is possibly the most generous available from a Japanese university.
Keio University was founded by Yukichi FUKUZAWA in 1858 as the first modern institution of higher education in Japan. To commemorate the university’s 150th anniversary in 2008, Keio has launched the “Design the Future” Award for International Students.
Course Level: Awards are available to pursue Master’s Program, PhD Program, or a Professional Degree Program.
Study Subject: Awards are available to pursue any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Award Benefits:
- Full tuition and fees at Keio University (However, this does not apply to DD international students)
- A monthly stipend of JPY 200,000
- A one-time preparation grant of JPY 150,000 (including a travel subsidy)
Number of Scholarships: A few awards are given each year.
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
A) This award is open to international students of high academic standing and character who satisfy the following requirements at the time of their application being reviewed:
- The student must be an applicant to one of the graduate schools of Keio University for entry in either April or September 2017, or in April 2018, and must have received the recommendation of the graduate school.
- The student must be an applicant to either a Master’s Program, Ph.D. Program, or a Professional Degree Program, for entry as a regular student.
- The student must have completed 15 years of formal education and have obtained their undergraduate degree outside Japan, or are expected to obtain their undergraduate degree before entering Keio University. However, students who have obtained, or are expected to obtain, their undergraduate degree at a Japanese institution are not eligible.
B) The student cannot be a recipient of another scholarship at the same time as receiving this award.
C) Incoming international students participating in a double degree program (hereafter “DD international students”) are eligible.
The student may not participate in overseas activities for a period of more than 6 months while they are receiving the award.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The student must be an applicant to one of the graduate schools of Keio University for entry in either April or September 2017, or in April 2018, and must have received the recommendation of the graduate school.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Students must submit their award application forms and the necessary documents to the graduate school they wish to enter. As required documents and application deadlines for the award vary depending on graduate school, please refer to the website below for details.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines for the award vary depending on graduate school; please refer to the website below for details.