Each year the University of Pavia and the Institute for University Studies (EDiSU) offer 10 scholarships for visiting scholars for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia. The bursaries are available for both junior and senior members of universities in developing countries and members of major research centres and international organizations with specific interests in the field of development studies.
The Technical-Scientific Committee of CICOPS approved a scholarship project aimed at fostering research collaboration between academic from Developing Countries and the University of Pavia.
User Review( votes)
The University of Pavia is one of the oldest universities in Europe. Today, it offers a total of 89-degree courses, participates in International research projects and has established strong links with the world of business.
Applicants must have good knowledge of the English Language.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are dedicated to professors and researchers who wish to carry out research with a professor at the University of Pavia.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of development studies.
- Award: Scholarship includes travel (economy class), board and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and pocket money of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
- Number of Awards: As of 2019, 211 scholarships had been awarded to academics from 58 different countries to carry out research in Pavia. In order to promote international cooperation, particularly with Developing Countries, the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) is offering 10 scholarships to visiting scholars for the year 2019 for a period of stay of 4 to 12 weeks at the University of Pavia.
- Nationality: Developing countries
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: Students from developing countries can apply for the opportunity
Low-income economies ($1,025 or less) Afghanistan Gambia, The Mozambique Bangladesh Guinea Myanmar Benin Guinea-Bisau Nepal Burkina Faso Haiti Niger Burundi Kenya Rwanda Cambodia Korea, Dem Rep. Sierra Leone Central African Republic Kyrgyz Republic Somalia Chad Liberia Tajikistan Comoros Madagascar Tanzania Congo, Dem. Rep Malawi Togo Eritrea Mali Uganda Ethiopia Mauritania Zimbabwe Lower-middle-income economies ($1,026 to $4,035) Albania Indonesia Samoa Armenia India São Tomé and Principe Belize Iraq Senegal Bhutan Kiribati Solomon Islands Bolivia Kosovo South Sudan Cameroon Lao PDR Sri Lanka Cape Verde Lesotho Sudan Congo, Rep. Marshall Islands Swaziland Côte d’Ivoire Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Syrian Arab Republic Djibouti Moldova Timor-Leste Egypt, Arab Rep. Mongolia Tonga El Salvador Morocco Ukraine Fiji Nicaragua Uzbekistan Georgia Nigeria Vanuatu Ghana Pakistan Vietnam Guatemala Papua New Guinea West Bank and Gaza Guyana Paraguay Yemen, Rep. Honduras Philippines Zambia Upper-middle-income economies ($4,036 to $12,475) Angola Ecuador Palau Algeria Gabon Panama American Samoa Grenada Peru Antigua and Barbuda Iran, Islamic Rep. Romania Argentina Jamaica Russian Federation Azerbaijan Jordan Serbia Belarus Kazakhstan Seychelles Bosnia and Herzegovina Latvia South Africa Botswana Lebanon St. Lucia Brazil Libya St. Vincent and the Grenadines Bulgaria Lithuania Suriname Chile Macedonia, FYR Thailand China Malaysia Tunisia Colombia Maldives Turkey Costa Rica Mauritius Turkmenistan Cuba Mexico Tuvalu Dominica Montenegro Uruguay Dominican Republic Namibia Venezuela, RB
- Entrance Requirements:
- The grants were designed for junior and senior members of universities in developing countries or members of major research centres and international organizations with specific interests in the field of development studies.
- Applicants must have either two years of either teaching experience or activity in international organisations and institutions.
- CICOPS opportunities are foreseen for research collaboration in the short period (from 4 to 10 weeks) in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries and cannot be awarded in case of doctoral studies or enrollment in a Postgraduate course at an Italian University.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good knowledge of the English Language.
How to Apply: The students can apply online. Applications must be supported by a letter of invitation from a teacher of the University of Pavia, someone who would work with the applicant on joint research while in Pavia. Without a formal invitation from a professor of the University of Pavia their application will not be taken into consideration.