Doctoral Awards for UK and EU Country Students at Economic & Social Research Council, King’s College of London in UK 2013
Study Subject(s): Genes, Environment & Public Health (GEP), Health Practices & Understandings (HPU), Health Policy, Effectiveness & Evaluation (HPE), Regulation, Governance & Ethics (RGE),Work & Organization (W&O), Markets, Firms, & Competitiveness (MFC), Education & Lifelong Learning (ELL), Urbanization, Globalization and Social Change (UGS), Exclusion, Discrimination and Stigma (EDS), Language, Media & Culture (LMC), Religion & Society (RS), Political Ecology & Environmental Health (PEH), Development, Health & Human Security (DHS),International Law, Violence & Global Order (ILV) and Military & Regional Security (MRS)
Course Level: Scholarships is available for pursuing doctoral degree.
Scholarship Provider: King’s College of London
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
– Be due to commence a full-time or part-time MPhil/PhD degree programme at King’s College London during 2013/14, OR, be currently in the first year of an MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London;
– Be eligible for home/EU tuition fees only, and meet the ESRC’s residency eligibility criteria;
– Plan to, or currently be, undertaking a research project within one of the 15 KISS-DTC research themes;
– Complete and submit the required application documentation by the funding deadline of 17:00 GMT, 1 February 2013;
– Fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by King’s College London.
Scholarship Open for International Students: This Scholarship is open for UK and EU Students.
Scholarship Description: Having won a coveted place in the national network of training centres accredited by ESRC, King’s Interdisciplinary Social Science Doctoral Training Centre (KISS-DTC) is awarding a number of ESRC-funded postgraduate research studentships to support doctoral research and training in the social sciences at King’s.
Selection criteria: Once the application deadline has passed, the Graduate School Support (GSS) office will gather application materials and record the details of all applications received.The GSS office will check the eligibility of all applicants and assign the applicants to the correct KISS-DTC research theme(s).Eligible application material will be gathered and circulated to the relevant selection panels for consideration.
Notification: Candidates who are deemed ineligible for the ESRC Studentship will be informed about their ineligibility within 3 weeks from the application deadline.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications will be invited from November 2012 and will close on 1 Feb 2013.