The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan is offering scholarships for international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as Undergraduate Students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) program.
Japanese government award aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between your country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
Worthy offer for applicants.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must either have completed 12 years of regular school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for the applications differs according to the country. Please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree at Japanese universities.
- Study Subject: Those who wish to study in Japan as an undergraduate student must choose a field of study (major) from (1) or (2) below. Applicants may enter a first, second, and third choice
- Social Sciences and Humanities of Social Sciences and Humanities-A: 1. Law, 2. Politics, 3. Pedagogy, 4. Sociology, 5. Literature, 6. History, 7. Japanese language, 8. others. Social Sciences and Humanities-B: 1. Economics, 2. Business Administration. Note 1: Applicants who wish to major in fields other than those listed above (“others”) may have difficulties in finding universities that can accept them. Note 2: Any fields related to “Economics” and “Business Administration” in Humanities B are not included in “others.”
- Natural Science s-A: Science (1. Mathematics, 2. Physics, 3. Chemistry), Electric and Electronic Studies (4. Electronics, 5. Electrical Engineering, 6. Information Engineering), Mechanical Studies (7. Mechanical Engineering, 8. Naval Architecture), Civil Engineering and Architecture (9. Civil Engineering, 10. Architecture, 11. Environmental Engineering), Chemical Studies (12. Applied Chemistry, 13. Chemical Engineering, 14. Industrial Chemistry, 15. Textile Engineering), other fields (16. Metallurgical Engineering, 17. Mining Engineering, 18. Maritime Engineering, 19. Biotechnology). Natural Sciences -B: Agricultural studies (1. Agriculture, 2. Agricultural Chemistry, 3. Agricultural Engineering, 4. Animal Science, 5. Veterinary Medicine, 6. Forestry, 7. Food Science, 8. Fisheries), Hygienic studies (9. Pharmacy, 10. Hygienics, 11. Nursing), and Science (12. Biology). Natural Science s-C: 1. Medicine, and 2. Dentistry
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Students who have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government can apply for this application
List of Countries: (Asia-Pacific: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam. North America: Canada and the United States of America. Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentine, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Commonwealth of Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela. Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and Vatican. Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, and Palestinian Authority. Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia, Uganda and Zimbabwe)
- Entrance Requirements: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) is now accepting applications from overseas students to study in Japan. The aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between their country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
- Applicants must either have completed 12 years of regular school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above qualifications by March 2018 are eligible. Includes those wishing to enrol for direct placement in the fall term who are expected to graduate by the end of August 2017.) Applicants who satisfy the entrance requirements for a Japanese university are also eligible. (4) Japanese.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to submit:
- Application Form (a prescribed form)
- Placement Preference Form
- Academic transcript for the past 3 years
- Graduation certificate from the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate) transcript issued either by alma master or by applicants’ national government
- Recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a university) if applicable
- Certificate of the passage of university entrance qualification examination (if applicable)
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. The sponsorship will be also cancelled in principle in the following situations.
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Travelling CostsTransportation to Japan