The University of Lausanne is offering 10 UNIL Masters Grants available for foreign students for autumn semester 2019 and spring semester 2020 intake. Grants are available for pursuing the master degree at the University of Lausanne.
To facilitate access to Master’s degrees by students with qualifications from foreign universities, the University of Lausanne provides around ten Master’s grants which are awarded on a competitive basis.
User Review( votes)
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
The candidate must be the holder of a degree from a foreign university. Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test.
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2018
- Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing the master degree at the University of Lausanne.
- Study Subject: First of all, it is not possible to apply for the following programmes:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
- Award: The grant is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- Number of Awards: UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year.
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these UNIL Masters Grants.
- Entrance Requirements:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the program.
- English Language Requirements: Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test. Normally, they expect candidates to have a minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer-based) or 92 (internet-based). Proof of an equivalent level of language proficiency may be acceptable.
How to Apply: Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post.