The University of Groningen is eagerly awaiting applications from highly motivated candidates for Fully-Funded International PhD Scholarships. The award is funded by the Faculty of Spatial Sciences.
There are six studentships available to students from all over the world who wish to pursue a PhD degree program in Spatial Sciences for the session 2020/21.
Excellent opportunity for students to get a fully-funded PhD in the Netherlands.
User Review( vote)
Established in 1614, the University of Groningen is the second oldest university in the Netherlands. It has eleven faculties, nine graduate schools, 27 research centres and institutes, and more than 175-degree programs.
Why at the University of Groningen? GU provides genuine environmental learning experiences to the candidates. Their program allows students to enhance their knowledge of a spatial science information discipline area for theoretical application, research and professional practice.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2020
- University: Groningen University
- Department: Faculty of Spatial Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 6
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Spatial Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A (Research) Master degree in Cultural or Economic Geography, Real Estate, Planning, Demography, or a related social science discipline (obtained before Sept 1, 2020) excellent study results
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; preferably experience in academic writing
- Interdisciplinary affinity with social sciences and a keen interest in topics related to the Faculty’s research program
- Strong conceptual thinking with the desire and capacity to relate theoretical topics to practical challenges and solutions
- Strong motivation, good communicative skills, proactive and independent work attitude
- Strong planning skills, good in organizing own work and related activities
- A great drive and enthusiasm
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to be eligible for this opportunity, applicants need to take admission in a PhD degree at the University of Groningen. After being enrolled, applicants can apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: You must upload a CV including names and contact details of two Academic References (CV attachment), provide proof of sufficient competence in English (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS) (extra attachment), develop and submit your PhD proposal (max 2000 words).
- Admission Requirements: Before submitting your application form, you need to check anyentry requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language Requirement: Students must have any certificate of English language proficiency.
The University of Groningen provides a golden funding opportunity with the amount (stipend) of € 2,181 per month (gross) for four years.