THE IATEFL AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP CARDIFF 2009 The purpose of this scholarship is to enable teachers or teacher trainers from African countries to participate in the IATEFL conference.
To qualify you must be
• a practising teacher in primary or secondary education, or a teacher trainer, who has not previously attended the conference
• someone who has not travelled outside Africa before
• unable to finance such a trip from your own resources
You need NOT
• be a member of IATEFL
• submit a proposal for presentation at the conference
There will be two scholarships available for the Cardiff 2009 conference. The scholarship will provide a free conference registration and help towards accommodation, meals and travel expenses to a maximum of £2000.
No one can be awarded the scholarship more than once.
To be considered, please send
• a summary curriculum vitae
• a passport size photograph
• a 500-word article on how attending the IATEFL conference will benefit you and your ESL/EFL community
• a brief explanation of why you are applying for the scholarship
marked ‘IATEFL Africa Scholarship’ to the IATEFL office by Monday 22nd September 2008.
A decision will be made by the IATEFL Africa Scholarship Committee in consultation with the Scholarship Working Party in October 2008.
If you are awarded the scholarship you will be required to send a 250-word report for publication by IATEFL on your impressions of the conference. Deadline for report will be in June 2009.