Job Description: The AISES Intel Scholarship will fund scholarship awards to American Indian/Alaska Native AISES members pursuing degrees in the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. This scholarship was developed by AISES and Intel to support the advancement of American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) students with technical and leadership accomplishments, as well as a commitment to and passion for the computer science field. The AISES Intel Scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
Criteria: ?Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
2. Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four year college/university, or a full-time
student at a two year college enrolled in a program leading to an academic degree.
3. Majoring in one of the following college disciplines:
– Computer Science, Computer Engineering ,Electrical Engineering
*students majoring in Chemical Engineering and Material Science will also be considered.
4. Must be a member of an American Indian tribe or otherwise considered to be an American Indian by the tribe with which
affiliation is claimed; or is at least 1/4 American Indian blood; or is at least 1/4 Alaskan Native; or considered to be an Alaskan
Native by an Alaskan Native group to which affiliation is claimed.
5. Must be a current member of AISES.
Awards: Notification of award is made in October and fall disbursements are made no later than November 1. Spring disbursement of the award will be given out dependent upon maintenance of a 3.0 or higher grade point average (GPA) and verification of a full-time course load.
$5,000 for undergraduates per academic year
$10,000 for graduate students per academic year
Application Deadline: 15 june 2010