The new »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« is now available on offer for Artists and Researchers. This fellowship is available for international students.
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung.
The purpose of the fellowship is to encourage artists and researchers to explore new ideas and to shape future-oriented concepts together.
The Akademie Schloss Solitude is a public-law foundation that offers an interdisciplinary and international fellowship program for artists and scientists. Since 1990, the Akademie has supported artists in the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature, music/sound and video/film/new media with residency and work fellowships. Since 2002, young people from the science and business sectors are also eligible for fellowships with the art, science & business program. The Akademie Schloss Solitude is financially supported by the German province of Baden-Württemberg.
- Applications Deadline: September 28, 2018
- Course Level: This fellowship is available for Artists and Researchers.
- Study Subject: As an essential feature, Platform 12 contains a permanent collaboration with Akademie Schloss Solitude, in the framework of which artists of various disciplines engage with the company as indirect observers and initiators in order to exchange ideas with researchers and to work on their own and joint artistic projects.
- Scholarship Award: Benefits:
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,200 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from their primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The »WimmelResearch-Fellowship« addresses artists (including architects, designers, authors, sound artists, filmmakers, coders), who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are principally open and left to the artist.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. The fellowship is open to artists of all ages with the exception of currently enrolled university or college students
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo–Fr) on Platform 12 is mandatory
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored
English Language Requirements: Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored.
How to Apply: The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A speculative or fictional idea, question, or theme that you would like to work on during the time of the fellowship at Bosch (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: wimmelforschung-at-akademie-solitude.de.