EUROPARC and the Alfred Toepfer Stiftung are pleased to announce the 2017 call for Natural Heritage Scholarships. Applicants from European nationality are eligible for these scholarships to undertake study visits in Protected Areas in 2018.
The programme intends to enhance cross-national co-operation to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of protected area management.
The EUROPARC Federation is the network for Europe’s natural and cultural heritage. Created by the members, the Federation works, to improve the management of Protected Areas in Europe through international cooperation, exchange of ideas and experience, and by influencing policy.
Applicant should have command of the English language or local language where the study visit will be undertaken.
Course Level: Fellowship is offered for a study visit to one or more protected areas in another European country.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of nature conservation and in the work of protected areas.
List of Subjects:
- Biodiversity and Climate Change – impacts and challenges for Protected Areas.
- Sustainable Development in Protected Areas – social and economic benets for all.
- Opportunities for Health and Well-being in Protected Areas.
- Parks for People – strategies to involve People in Protected Areas.
Scholarship Award: The awards will each be worth EUR 3.000 and are generously donated by the Alfred Toepfer Foundation F.V.S. in Hamburg (Germany).
The scholarship is paid in two installments:
- The first installment – of EUR 2.000 – prior to the start of the journey on presentation of a detailed travel plan. The outline travel plan has to be presented at least within 4 weeks before the EUROPARC conference in order that suitable announcements canbe made, with all final agreed details. These must be submitted to the EUROPARC Federation.
- The remainder on presentation of a study visit report. The report has to be presented within 3 months after the end of the study visit.
Scholarship can be taken in European country (beyond the applicant’s home country)
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- The age limit at the time of application is 35.
- European Nationality.
- An important selection criterion is a convincing presentation of the applicant’s professional and personal reasons for the planned study visit.
- Proof of relevant contacts with target protected area established at the time of application.
- Evidence of the current employment status for:
a. Candidates / Applicants from Protected Areas must have staff status.
b. Candidates / Applicants from universities must be matriculated and must have completed their intermediate diploma.
- Study visits to prepare master or doctoral thesis will not be considered. Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships
- Command of the English language or local language where the study visit will be undertaken.
- The award of the scholarship more than one time is not possible.
Nationality: European citizens can apply for this scholarship.
List of Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
A completed application consists of the following materials, all of which must be filled in electronically in English language and submitted on the EUROPARC Federations website:
- Registration form including i) Personal Statement – Motivation letter (max. 1 page).
- Outline of study visit including contact details of protected area applicant want to visit.
- CV (max. 3 pages) – EU format (Europass).
- Certificate of employment or student card.
- Letter of reference (employer or university).
Application Deadline: The deadline for application is April 28, 2017.