The new Allianz Climate Risk Research Award is now available for all new international students. The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks.
Allianz offers a wide range of insurance and fund products to over 86 million customers in more than 70 countries. Our retail and corporate clients enjoy an extensive product selection in all insurance business lines, designed to protect them against any risks. We are one of the leading insurers, both property and casualty and life and health.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: July 1, 2018
- Course Level: Award is available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: The 2018 Award focuses on the topic “Climate risk: real-time information and new technologies.”
- Scholarship Award: For 2018 event, the four finalists will receive:
- EUR 7.000 First finalist
- EUR 5.000 Second finalist
- EUR 3.000 Third finalist
- EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award event in Munich with all costs covered
- Exposure of the finalists’ research projects on the website allianz.com
- Exclusive insights into the insurance industry’s work on climate change and extreme weather events
- Participation in a discussion round with the Award’s jury, experts and other guests from Allianz Group and academia.
- Nationality: Open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Munich, Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this award.
Entrance Requirements: The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You are an individual author
- You submit only one research
- You are a PhD student, or postdoctoral researcher (recent PhD graduates and postdoctoral graduates can also apply if the defense of final research to obtain title is not more than two years at the time of the application).
- If you are selected as Finalist, you must attend the Award Event in Munich and present your work in person.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send all documents stated below as attachments together with this form to: research-award-at-allianz.com.