Agency for Science, Technology and Research is providing the National Science funding for the academic session 2020-21. Singaporeans citizens can apply for these endowments.
This scholarship aims to groom students, who are aspiring to be clinician-scientists, to be Singapore’s next generation of leaders in translational medicine.
A valuable program for Singapore citizens.
User Review( vote)
A*STAR is Singapore’s lead public sector agency that spearheads economic oriented research to advance scientific discovery and develop innovative technology. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit society.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue PhD courses.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in biomedical sciences, physical sciences and engineering
- The award can be taken in Singapore
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Have a strong interest in a research career
- Have outstanding undergraduate results (preferably 1st Class Honours Degree or equivalent) in relevant disciplines
- Have applied or been applying for a PhD programme at a top global university
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to complete the online application form.
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must have obtained an offer from a UK medical school offering the intercalated MBBS-PhD programme
- English language Requirements: Candidates are encouraged to sit for the SAT tests to broaden their choices of institutions for their undergraduate education. Although A*STAR does not mandate a minimum SAT score as a qualifying condition for the undergraduate financial aid awarded for studies, applicants are encouraged to submit their SAT scores, if available, to be included in the overall assessment of their applications
Successful applicants will be given the following support for up to five years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing and settling-in allowance
Application Deadline: March 1.