Applications are invited for Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS), a dual campus Master of Arts which is a 18.5 – 21.5 months (depending on English proficiency) intensive academic programme. Applications are accepted from students of all over Asia.
The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peacebuilding practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe. In particular, the programme serves to strengthen the representation of Asian professionals with expertise in Asian issues.
UPEACE offers Master’s Degree Programmes in Peace and Conflict Studies for students from all parts of the world, students receive a high-quality education in a unique atmosphere with a focus on multicultural perspectives, theory and practical applications.
An English Language Proficiency Test Report is required for all applicants. Accepted English Proficiency Tests are: Paper-based TOEFL (PBT): 523; Computer-based TOEFL (CBT): 193; Internet Based TOEFL (IBT): 71.
- Application Deadline: July 6, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree in the Philippines and Costa Rica.
- Study Subject: Scholars obtain 2 MA degrees, one from the University for Peace (UPEACE) in an area related to peacebuilding and the second from Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) in Political Science with major in Global Politics.
- Scholarship Award: Students selected to participate in the APS programme receive a full scholarship that covers tuition, airfare, transit and some visa costs for all programme components, and a monthly stipend. The programme facilititates up to 30 students per cohort.
- Number of Scholarships: The programme facilitates up to 30 students per cohort.
- Nationality: Students from all over Asia
- Scholarship can be taken in Costa Rica and Philippines (field project should be taken in Asia).
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from all over Asia: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Oman Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen can apply for this Asian Peacebuilders scholarship (Priority may be given to nationals of Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines in accordance with programme objectives).
- Entrance Requirements: For the 2019-2020 Academic year, we will be accepting applications from nationals of Japan, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and The Philippines. They are looking for candidates who:
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field. Excellent candidates with less work experience are considered for participation on a case-by-case basis. Voluntary work, internships and student activities may be considered as work experience, if relevant for the programme.
- Have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- English Language Requirements: Proof of English language proficiency is required for all applicants. There is no circumstance in which an applicant is exempt from this requirement.*The following English Proficiency Tests are accepted:
Band of 5.5
Paper based TOEFL (PBT)
Computer based TOEFL (CBT)
Internet Based TOEFL (IBT)
UPEACE TOEFL Code: 7180
- You cannot officially be considered for admission without a valid English-language proficiency test score.*
- TOEIC and TOEFL-ITP are not accepted.
- *Proof of undergraduate or graduate degree from an English-language B.A. or previous M.A. programme accepted temporarily.
- If applying with proof of a previous English-language undergraduate or graduate degree, a TOEFL test score will need to be presented upon admission with no exception and no later than 14-October-2018.
- Test scores older than 2 years at the time of application will not be accepted.
- A phone or Skype interview conducted in English may be part of the selection process. Applicants will be notified in advance if such an interview is required.
- At the time of application, we require an electronic copy of the exam scores. Should the applicant be admitted, a hard copy of the official TOEFL scores report must be presented. These details will be provided in your Admissions Package upon acceptance to the programme.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Required Supporting Documents to be Uploaded:
- English Proficiency Test Scores Report (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts and Copy of Diploma
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Financial Form
- Copy of Passport
- Passport size photo