The Government of Canada offers a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program for Canadian and foreign citizens. Up to 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
Wonderful opportunity for Canadian citizens to get a master education with financial help in Canada.
User Review( vote)
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, develop their leadership potential and position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
University or Organization: The Government of Canada
Course Level: Postdoctoral Study
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Canadian citizens
The program can be taken in Canada or foreign countries
Application Deadline: September 18, 2019
- Canadian and foreign citizens can apply for these Banting Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Fellowships are awarded in the following research areas: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering and Social sciences and/or humanities.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply with the following stipulations:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution,
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution, and
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada. Confirm that you and your proposed host institution meet the criteria below before you apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship. Applications that do not meet all of the eligibility criteria will not be accepted. Applicant eligibilityCitizenship and location of the host institution.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Admission Requirments: Applicants to the 2019-20 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree. Applicants must have PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.