The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago in collaboration with the Barjeel Art Foundation is offering Barjeel Global Fellowship. The fellowship is open to the students who have possessed a Master of Arts degree or be in their final year of graduate work.
This exciting opportunity serves as an opportunity for budding international curators to learn and work in a pioneering, globally-focused American institution and invites a young, new perspective from the Middle East and/or North Africa regions to the MCA.
User Review( votes)
The Museum of Contemporary Art is an innovative and compelling center of contemporary art where the public can experience the work and ideas of live artists and can understand the historical, social and cultural context of the art of our time.
- Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Course Level: Master of Arts degree or graduate work
- Award: $45,000
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: The Middle East and/or North Africa
- Scholarship take in: Chicago, USA
- Eligible countries: Applicants from the Middle East and/or North Africa are eligible
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The fellowship will be awarded in art history, museum studies, and related fields whose work demonstrates a strong emphasis on art historical research and methodology
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates who originate from the Middle East and/or North Africa with backgrounds in art history, museum studies, and related fields whose work demonstrates a strong emphasis on art historical research and methodology.
- The applicants must possess a Master of Arts degree or be in their final year of graduate work
- They must also possess two years of museum experience and/or research position at the college or university level
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of contemporary art through writing, curating or other activities is also required
- Evidence of self-directed curatorial work or critical writing is a plus, and candidates should exhibit strong communication skills and a readiness to express their intellect and point of view.
How to Apply
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://careers.hireology.com/careers/262490/application
Note these materials, including writing samples and other supplementary materials, will not be returned to candidates:
- A cover letter that includes the name, current and permanent addresses, and telephone numbers of the applicant
- A full resume of education and employment history
- An essay describing the applicant’s interest in this fellowship and museum work
- Two writing samples—each individual writing sample should not exceed 2,000 words
- Application materials should be sent to [email protected]
- Not given
The fellowship will cover:
- This full-time, twelve-month fellowship starts on July 1, 2019, and carries a stipend of $45,000 (inclusive of $10,000 for housing support)
- J-1 visa costs, if applicable, will be covered by the MCA.
- The position is also eligible for a generous benefits package that includes
- health, dental, and vision insurance
- paid vacation and personal days
- free life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- retirement plans
- discounted parking
- pre-tax transportation programs
- free access to the MCA’s galleries; curator-led staff tours of MCA exhibitions
- discounts at the MCA Store and MCA restaurant Marisol
- discounts for MCA Stage and other programs and a variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland