UCT Graduate School of Business is offering full or partial MBA and MPhil scholarships for South African students. The scholarship covers either the full or partial costs of the MBA and MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programs for candidates committed to social innovation and entrepreneurship.
The UCT Graduate School of Business provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship is the first academic center in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship.
Course Level: The scholarship only applies to the MBA, MPhil or Ph.D. studies at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business.
Study Subject: The Bertha Scholarships are open to candidates in any field where they have been exploring social and/or environmental impact through innovative approaches.
Scholarship Award: The Bertha Centre Scholarship covers full or partial costs of a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business. These include the MBA [both full-time and the modular programme], the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programmes. The scholarship caters for candidates* committed to advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation and entrepreneurship.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- If you are an African citizen (or a South African permanent resident for at least one year.)
If you have:
- started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social or economic change; or
- if you have worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation for at least one year.
- Experience in these fields would be preferable, as well as a track record of action exploring or initiating innovative approaches in these sectors.
- If you can demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field.
- Finally, you must demonstrate some level of financial need for the scholarship*.
- We consider any circumstance that would make self-funding the degree program a significant burden, including previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a social venture.
Nationality: South African citizens can apply for these masters’ scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be an African citizen (or a South African permanent resident for at least one year.)
English language Requirements: All MBA applicants are required to write the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required.
How to Apply: Applicants must supply the following documents:
- Your UCT GSB student registration number.
- A cover letter/motivational letter.
- A copy of your CV.
- Your short video.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 31, 2017.