The new Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships is available on offer for High School Seniors to study in the USA. BAM Scholarships are funded and administered by members of the BAM (Blacks at Microsoft) organization and are renewable awards of US$5,000.
A black at Microsoft (BAM) is a company-sponsored employee network dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of black employees at Microsoft Corporation.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to outstanding high-school seniors. Scholarship applicants must be planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree, but students who plan to begin their degree program at a two-year college are welcome to apply.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to students who are interested in pursuing careers in technology.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are renewable, so winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $5,000 award for up to four years.
- Nationality: High-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian)
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: High-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply for a BAM Scholarship, print and fill out the application. Enclose it in an envelope with the following items:
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
- Résumé. Your résumé should include the following information:
- —Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- —Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are technology related)
- —Work experience
- Picture of yourself.
- Transcript. Include an official “sealed” copy of your current academic transcript. (Unofficial copies will not be accepted.)
- Two essays.
- 1. In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
- 2. In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.