Babson College is offering free online course on Digital Strategy and Action. The key is to understand how they grappled with the basic questions of entrepreneurial strategy and action.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how elite leaders conceive and execute strategies that drive the world’s fastest growing digital companies. This course will start on July 11, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Babson College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on July 11, 2017
Babson College is the top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education. We believe that entrepreneurship is the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value, and Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where more than 3,000 students from over 70 countries work together with faculty and staff to address the problems of business and society.
About This Course
The surprising reality is that while you may never reach their level, you can be a better leader by learning from their success. The key is to understand how they grappled with the basic questions of entrepreneurial strategy and action. How did them:
- Decide what problem to solve?
- Create a product that customers were eager to buy?
- Build their teams to capitalize on growth?
- Raise capital?
- Win market share?
- Sustain growth?
Why Take This Course?
This course will combine the principles of Entrepreneurial Thought & Action ® with the ideas developed in the instructor’s books Hungry Start-Up Strategy (2012) and Disciplined Growth Strategies (2017).
- Applying the five tests of a great entrepreneurial idea
- Using prototypes to discover the best product/market fit
- Maintaining control by varying capital sources at four stages of startup development
- Winning market share by delivering customers a quantum value leap
- Building a culture that attracts top talent and turns customers into advocates
- Chaining five vectors into a sustainable growth trajectory
Peter S. Cohan is a teacher, management consultant, angel investor, blogger, and author. He is a Lecturer of Strategy at Babson College where he teaches undergraduate and MBA courses on strategy and entrepreneurship.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)