Harvard University is offering free online course on Climate-Energy Challenge. In this course, learners should be familiar with basic algebra, chemistry and geometry (U.S. high school level or higher).
This course will examine future climate change in the context of Earth history, and then consider various strategies for what might be done to deal with it.
Course At A Glance
Length: 9 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Environmental Studies
Institution: Harvard University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49 USD
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. Harvard faculty are engaged with teaching and research to push the boundaries of human knowledge. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study.
About This Course
This course will examine future climate change in the context of Earth history, and then consider various strategies for what might be done to deal with it. The likely impact of continued greenhouse gas emissions will be explored, emphasizing the scientific uncertainties associated with various predictions, and how this can be understood in the context of risk.
Explore how scientists measure ancient temperature and carbon dioxide levels
- Investigate the basic physics and chemistry that control climate
- Review the scientific basis for climate change predictions
- Identify impacts of climate change on human societies and natural ecosystems
Daniel P. Schrag
Sturgis Hooper Professor of Geology, Harvard University
Learners should be familiar with basic algebra, chemistry and geometry (U.S. high school level or higher)
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)