Chartered Institute of Building Academy is offering free online course on Construction Ethics and Compliance. This course is suitable for everyone working in or studying construction.
This free online course will help you to understand the concept of ethics, why they matter, and why being ethical goes deeper than just being compliant and legal. This course will start on September 25, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Construction Ethics and Compliance
Institution: Chartered Institute of Building Academy and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 25, 2017
The CIOB Academy is built to take action to overcome some of the construction Industry’s greatest challenges. We’re here to future-proof your company’s greatest assets: your people, delivering training, the right knowledge and ‘real world’ skills, at all levels.
About This Course
Some of the largest construction firms in the world have faced the prospect of multi-million fines for significant breaches of ethics and compliance recently – from bribery and collusion to modern slavery.
Ethics is defined as a set of moral principles that govern a person’s behavior or the conducting of an activity, but what does that mean for an individual or an organization working in construction?
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Define ethics
- Ethical challenges in the construction industry
- Methods for decision making when faced with an ethical dilemma
- Understanding and awareness of personal values
- Company ethics policy, its key parts, and company values
- Legal and compliance requirements in construction
- Professionalism in construction
- Ethical barriers and how to overcome them
- Recognizing ethical leadership and cultures
This course is suitable for everyone working in or studying construction. Whatever your level of experience, you will learn something new about ethics and compliance, and recognize your personal ethical standards.
Whether you are site based, in a management, supervisory, procurement or technical role, or a teacher or trainer, this course will help you stay compliant, ethical and professional.
Maria Coulter is a Business Coach and Trainer with over 20 years experience in the industry as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, Project Manager and Risk Manager prior to starting my own company, Construction Coach.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).