The University of Pennsylvania is offering free online course on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): A Strategic Approach. Through this four-week course, students from either the business or the philanthropic sector will develop a greater understanding of both sides of the partnerships that underlie Corporate Social Responsibility projects.
In this four week course, applicants will learn to take authentic corporate social responsibility (CSR) action and to cultivate shared value among firm leadership, employees, and society. This course will start on November 15, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-5 hours pw
Subject: Social Sciences
Institution: University of Pennsylvania and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on November 15, 2017
The University of Pennsylvania is an Ivy League institution with 12 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools in Philadelphia, serving a diverse community of more than 20,000 students from around the world.
About This Course
Students will learn (a) how to leverage corporate structures and nonprofits’ experience to undertake CSR activities that have real public benefit, (b) the relationship between philanthropy and corporate self-interest, and (c) how ventures can assess whether they are doing good CSR, exploring topics including measurement, attribution, and cost benefit analysis.
Why Take This Course?
Through this four-week course, students from either the business or the philanthropic sector will develop a greater understanding of both sides of the partnerships that underlie Corporate Social Responsibility projects.
- The relationship between philanthropy and corporate self-interest
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) from a multi-stakeholder perspective
- CSR’s contributions to a company’s bottom line
- The influence of corporate cultures on competent CSR
- How to create, implement, and use a corporate code of conduct
- Principles and examples of CSR in the US, Netherlands, and India
- Criteria for successful corporate- community partnerships
Professor of Social Policy & Practice and the Mindy and Andrew Heyer Chair in Social Policy
University of Pennsylvania
Professor of Social Policy and the Director of the PhD program
University of Pennsylvania
Post-doctoral fellow at the Rotterdam School of Management
Erasmus University, Rotterdam
Professor of Business Law and Eversource Energy Chair in Business Ethics
University of Connecticut
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)