The University of Bristol is offering free online course on Cultural Studies and Modern Languages: an Introduction. This course is ideal if you’re thinking about a degree in modern languages, although it is open to anyone.
In this four week course, applicants will explore the culture, language and national identity of eight countries through their books, images, slogans and monuments. This course will start on November 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Cultural Studies and Modern Languages: an Introduction
Institution: University of Bristol and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 6, 2017
University of Bristol is one of the leading institutions among the UK’s Russell Group of universities.
With roots dating back to 1876, the University of Bristol now operates globally and is recognized for its research and academic excellence.
About This Course
Are you interested in other countries? Do you want to study and understand other cultures? This free online course will take you on a journey through a number of periods from the medieval to the modern day, from Russia to Europe and all the way to Latin America.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Develop knowledge of several cultures.
- Acquire familiarity with different types of cultural sources.
- Gain a methodology on how to understand and read cultures.
- Improve research, analytical and writing skills.
- Enhance the ability to learn from peers.
- Collaborate and comment on peers’ work.
This course is ideal if you’re thinking about a degree in modern languages, although it is open to anyone. English is the only language needed.
Language Director (Technology Enhanced Learning)
in the School of Modern Languages at the University of Bristol
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).