The University of East Anglia is offering free online course on Effective Questioning for Call Handlers. This course is for any professional involved in delivering a service over the telephone, particularly any organization that uses computer software to support call handlers in managing calls.
In this three week course, applicants will improve how you or your company speaks to people on the phone to ensure good levels of service and in some situations safety. This course will start on January 22, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Effective Questioning for Call Handlers
Institution: University of East Anglia and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 22, 2018
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe.
About This Course
How an organization handles phone calls can have a direct impact on its success – a badly handled call can mean limited information that might affect service delivery, customer satisfaction and even safety (in health and social care).
Why Take This Course?
On this course you will learn to evaluate how call handlers ask questions over the phone. You will examine the consequences of asking questions in different ways and consider how this affects call outcomes. You will also examine the role of technology in call handler-caller communication and how software design can support service delivery over the telephone.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explain the importance of studying conversations
- Describe different types of question-style for obtaining information from callers
- Evaluate the consequences of how questions are asked for the kind of information gathered from callers
- Identify the role of technology in shaping question-style in call handling interactions
This course is for any professional involved in delivering a service over the telephone, particularly any organization that uses computer software to support call handlers in managing calls.
Jamie works as Research Fellow in the School of Health Sciences at the University of East Anglia.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).