The University of Birmingham is offering free online course on Electrical Engineering: Sensing, Powering and Controlling. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the role and uses of Electrical Engineering.
This online course provides an introduction to electronic, electrical and systems engineering. This course will start on November 13, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Electrical Engineering: Sensing, Powering and Controlling
Institution: University of Birmingham and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on November 13, 2017
The University of Birmingham is a public research university, consistently listed as a leading UK university and ranked among the top 100 in the world.
About This Course
You’ll develop skills in analyzing and designing digital and analogue circuits and systems, and get familiar with using English technical vocabulary. You’ll understand how electric engineering systems are used in specific contexts, and gain confidence in communicating engineering ideas.
Why Take This Course?
You’ll understand how electric engineering systems are used in specific contexts, and gain confidence in communicating engineering ideas.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Investigate what is meant by Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering.
- Develop your skills in analyzing and designing circuits and systems.
- Improve your confidence in communicating Engineering ideas using English technical vocabulary.
- Assess how different Electronic and Electrical Engineering systems are used in specific contexts.
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the role and uses of Electrical Engineering. It may be particularly useful for students who are thinking about taking an electrical engineering degree in the UK, including those for whom English is a second language.
Tim Jackson is a senior lecturer, teaching Electrical Engineering and Electrical Energy systems to first and second year students and supervising final year student research projects.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).