Microsoft is offering free online course on Ethics and Law in Analytics and AI. In this course, you’ll learn to apply ethical and legal frameworks to initiatives in the data profession.
In this course, applicants will learn how to apply practical, ethical, and legal constructs and scenarios so that you can be an effective analytics professional. The course will start on October 17, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Data analysis and statistics
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on October 17, 2017
Microsoft is offering this online course via edX platform. Microsoft is offering the course via renowned online platform edX. In this new connected world, Microsoft believes technology creates opportunity, and courses are designed to provide you with the core development skills needed to be successful in the cloud-first, mobile-first world.
About This Course
Corporations, governments, and individuals have powerful tools in analytics and AI to create real-world outcomes, for good or for ill.
Data professionals today need both the frameworks and the methods in their job to achieve optimal results while being good stewards of their critical role in society today.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, you’ll learn to apply ethical and legal frameworks to initiatives in the data profession. You’ll explore practical approaches to data and analytics problems posed by work in Big Data, Data Science, and AI. You’ll also investigate applied data methods for ethical and legal work in Analytics and AI.
- Foundational abilities in applying ethical and legal frameworks for the data profession
- Practical approaches to data and analytics problems, including Big Data and Data Science and AI
- Applied data methods for ethical and legal work in Analytics and AI
Ben is a Sr. Content Developer for Microsoft’s Learning and Readiness team, and is an analytics professional and educator with over 8 years of industry and managerial experience.
Geneva (“Eva”) Anne Lasprogata is a professor of law at Seattle University, where she is tenured in the Albers School of Business and Economics.
Teaching, writing, and mentoring in business ethics have been the greatest joys of my professional life.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)